Téma: Custom made horns and waveguides

Together with Autotech.pl we have made first mold for 400Hz, 1", JMLC, 14 deg throat horn with large mouth radius. It is made of 2-3mm polyester resin, white, green or blue and yellow on Spring 2010. We can make any arbitrary horn or waveguide up to 98cm diameter.

Contact information:
Mr. Lukas Lewandowski
+48 602-647-173 (handy, Englisch)
+48 602-106-005 (mobil, Deutsch)
info@autotech.pl

Picture:
http://img225.imageshack.us/i/img3246n.jpg/

(upravil MaBat 9. 10. 2009 11:41)

Re: Custom made horns and waveguides

Encounters of the Third Kind smile

Good luck with your endeavour. What about an 12-15" Oblate Spheroid? wink

We are working on CD horn which look and work like OS without violate the patent. Best would be a group buy. Suggested driver Tangband W3-1797S.

(upravil MaBat 9. 10. 2009 13:47)

Thanks. I thought the patent is only for the foam insert, not the shape... Isn't 3" too big? (Never mind, just thinking aloud...)

It all depends on the price I'm afraid (not too many fans of waveguides here either to make it a bit lower). Personally I'd be interested in CD horn (90 deg) with 1" throat (6 deg possibly) and 12-15" mouth diameter but surely I'm just a small fish for you. Depends on the cost, however.

It just needs time, maybe some more will catch...

12-15" OS waveguide is about the size of above JMLC horn which cost 370PLN, ca. 2240 CZK. Is it ok?

(upravil MaBat 9. 10. 2009 13:57)

That would be fabulous! I'll contact you soon...

Price is for one horn. It isn't cheap because of large mouth radius (double mold).

(upravil MaBat 9. 10. 2009 14:05)

Sure, I see. It's a fair price, I think. I would just love to see some drawing of the whole thing - later on (and hoping it is rigid enough).

Anyone here tried horn FEM/BEM simulations? For example if you use balanced mode radiator you can choose radiation pattern according to your needs through waveguides.

MaBat - you can provide Excel spreadsheet or points coordinates or leave this part on me. I think it won't resonate but I have to check because it's a first batch. Flange is usually made of 18mm MDF. For very special order we can think about painting and use special lacquers from Mankiewicz.de: softcoatings, Nextels found in luxury cars and yachts.

(upravil MaBat 9. 10. 2009 15:59)

OK, I can do that (the coordinates)...

I think it won't resonate but I have to check because it's a first batch.

Even if it was not dead enough alone it would be always possible to add some MDF/wood support - it would be hidden inside the enclosure, so who cares... I hope it won't be nessesary anyway.

I'm sure some more people will be interested also, so I'd give it a few days. We'll see. Nice offer so far, thank you smile Much appreciated indeed.

I took 3 days by one man to produce this horn.

(upravil MaBat 10. 10. 2009 8:54)

So theoretically would it be possible to produce something like this?

http://s4.postimg.cc/6w6cd38l5/148_oswg.jpg

The dimensions are in cm - just the profile (finally I would make it probably a little bit smaller).

Personally, I'm interested in exact OS with 13-15 inch mouth and 1" throat as I see no reason for using any other profile or mods.

(upravil MaBat 10. 10. 2009 9:49)

This is exactly what it is (the throat would only have 6,5deg angle to match the B&C drivers more closely). But you allways have to roundover the mouth to the baffle somehow - it just should be smooth enough. Then it may be dufficult to tell exactly what the (effective) mouth size is..

We should make a desicion - the more pieces, the better smile

MethMan, you would make it even bigger than on the picture? The enclousure would be HUGE (50cm width minimum) - I know the bigger the better....

Nekoukal jsem na tvůj obrázek předtím. Průměr 35 je pro mě ideální, víc mi přijde zbytečný. 6,5 stupně máš na každou stranu nebo celkem? IIRC je to celkem. Další věc je, že výrobek ti musí umožnit přesné dopasování, takže musí začít "dřív".

(upravil MaBat 10. 10. 2009 10:32)

Myslel jsem, že je to na jednu stranu - ještě jsem po tom nepátral, to by nám řekli Italové. Udělal bych to tak, že se to nechá vyrobit pro malinko menší průměr hrdla tak, aby vyšel požadovaný úhel při tom 1" - pak by se z výrobku odbrousil asi 1mm. Nebo máš lepší řešení?

Co neni zatím vyřešený, je nějaký uchycení pro driver. Tím se to komplikuje, protože to půjde blbě dohromady. Oni asi umí jen ten samotnej profil, bez větších objemů, jak jsem to pochopil (pak by se to dalo odlít i s tím), tj. musely bychom si ho pak udělat sami, ev. to nechat vyrobit od nich už "přesné".

jzagaja: Nothing important... smile

Nemám, jen bych volil klidně centimetr. Změna profilu na 1mm je asi menší než bude výrobní odchylka. Uchycení driveru jako neřešitelný problém nevidím, ale bude to trochu jebačka. Nedostaneme z toho stoprocentní řešení, ale i 80 je dobrých.

jzaga: still nothing important ... smile

(upravil junglist 10. 10. 2009 13:06)

Kluci, co to chystáte? cool

Konečně něco, za co má smysl utratit prachy (pokud všechno dobře půjde)...

Já věřím, že vám to ten polák vyrobí wink Takže palcovej drajvr B&C se zvukovodem a co bys viděl pod tím?